We’re TrustedHousesitters, the online platform connecting a caring community of home and pet owners with sitters around the world. Joining for one annual fee, our members connect to exchange home and pet care for a place to stay. It’s a money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while the sitters care pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
In the last few years, we’ve achieved a lot. Consistently achieving high year-on-year growth, we’ve doubled from 25 employees to a team of over 50. We’ve moved to our fifth shiny new office based in SPACES, a co-working space in the heart of Brighton. We’ve recently announced funding to help continuously improve our platform, won lots of awards, including Amazon’s Growing Business Award. We have built a strong team culture and are supportive of flexible working.
Despite our rapid growth, our ethos remains the same. We aspire to transform the pet care and travel landscape. We believe we offer the best solution and our team are united by our commitment to delivering an enriching experience for our members and having a positive impact on the lives of their pets. We never lose sight of what makes TrustedHousesitters, trusted. We care hugely about our reputation, we have more five-star reviews on TrustPilot than any other travel or pet company globally.
Calling all travel & pet lovers
At TrustedHousesitters, you’ll be part of a passionate, fast-growing team who are all committed to collaborating, constantly improving and having some fun while we’re at it. Sounds exciting right? We think so. If you want the opportunity to be part of that, to create something special, driving change within the pet care and travel landscapes, we’d love to hear from you.
We're looking for a talented Platform Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You'll work in a cross functional team, working on all areas of our platform, including our core API layer, 3rd party provider integrations, CI/CD tooling, and service monitoring systems.
As an Engineering team we are solving exciting scalability challenges to support a fast growing platform. We believe in autonomy and our teams and individuals are empowered to make decisions. We value continuous improvement through code reviews, retrospectives and providing opportunities for personal growth and learning.
What we're looking for
- Strong (5 years+) knowledge of Python
- Considerable experience with Django and Django Rest Framework, ideally at scale
- Sound knowledge of API design and best practices
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: design, testing, deployment and version control
- You're focused on quality and enjoy/expect code reviews, and unit testing
What we'd like our ideal candidate to have
- DevOps experience in an AWS hosting environment
- Experience in configuring and managing system / infrastructure monitoring tools
- Experience of Docker
- Experience of creating / maintaining CI/CD pipelines and processes
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum/Lean/Kanban environment.
- Exposure to working on data-intensive applications
- You’re eager to learn new things and excited by problem-solving
- You're a caring individual who gets what we do and why we do it
- You’re a great communicator and team player
- Most of all you want to work for a business that is trying to bring about positive change in people's lives!
Why you'll love TrustedHousesitters
- Of course, we’ll offer you a competitive salary based on your experience, 25 days holiday as standard and a workplace pension scheme.
- Once you’ve passed probation you’ll receive a dedicated travel allowance to put towards your house and pet sitting adventures, you’re positively encouraged to spend time away from your desk and experience our product first-hand!
- Great people, know great people. If you recommend someone for a vacancy, and they are successful in their application, you’ll receive £500 once they complete their 3-month probation.
- Getting a new pet? We give you the opportunity to work from home when you welcome a new furry friend to the family and up to £200 towards the rehoming fees if you choose to rescue a dog or cat.
- What better way to stay connected to your fellow team mates. We’ll see you in our break out area on Wednesday afternoons for our weekly Lounge session, where a fully stocked drinks fridge will be waiting for you…
- Stay energised with healthy snacks provided throughout the week.
- With core hours between 10:00-16:00, we want you to have more control over your schedule and working environment. We believe in keeping employees happy.
- And last but not least, you'll get the chance to hang out with the four legged members of the TrustedHousesitters family (aka our office dogs).
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are keen to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.